A motorboat is the best way to discover all the top sights along the Great Waterway Loop of Wielkopolska. It can be a regular boat, it can be a house boat, or it can also be a flat-bottomed boat that can handle all the shallow waters. It all depends on you and how much time is at your disposal. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to circumnavigate the entire Great Waterway Loop, but you can take the weekend option and cover only several dozen kilometers.
Adventure for everyone
There are almost 60 marinas on the trail, providing not only a safe haven for boats, but also basic amenities such as electricity and water on the quay, toilets and even a restaurant or a tavern. Assistance is available and useful navigational information can be obtained from the staff. We also took care of marking the trail. Information boards can be found at every marina and at every lock, and at the confluences we have also placed directional signs.
Most importantly, you don’t need your own boat or yacht. More than a dozen specialized charter companies have vessels of various sizes, so you can go on a romantic cruise for two or you can take a group of friends with you. No license is not required to rent these boats. It is only worth getting acquainted with the basics of navigation boat maintenance.
Stay for longer
Already made up your mind to visit us? Your stay in Wielkopolska doesn’t have to be limited to just a cruise. You will surely see a lot just staying on a boat, but you will discover and experience much more by stopping for a day or two in one of the marinas. Take a walk around the city, rent a bike and explore the surroundings, or just try the local cuisine in cozy restaurant in the old town.
Good preparation for the cruise guarantees fun and relax without any nasty surprises. Before you go on adventure, be sure to check a few things:
- Familiarize yourself with the current announcements published by Waters Polskie (Polish Waters) – national waterways authority
- Check if the water level in the rivers is appropriate for the vessel you wish to use. You can do it on an interactive map on our home page
- Call the marina you intend to visit and check if they are operational
- Have a glimpse on our Navigation Guide, which can be downloaded for free from our website
- Check the weather forecast for the next few days